The Economic Resiliency department was created to continue Eagle County’s economic recovery from the pandemic and natural disasters, while also identifying proactive ways to support economic resiliency. This department is a liaison with the business community and local, state and regional economic development partners.
Our pillars for Eagle County Economic Resiliency:
- Disaster Readiness
- Workforce Retention
- Business Retention & Expansion
Northwest Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC):
Eagle County is host to the regional Northwest Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC). The SBDC offers no-cost consulting and virtual training to support the full life cycle of a small business, from startup to exit planning. It is a grant-funded technical assistance program of the Small Business Administration (SBA). Services are provided virtually to allow entrepreneurs to connect with a statewide network of experts. Walk-in services are not available. To learn more and to connect to services, visit www.northwestsbdc.org.
- Northwest Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC) - technical assistance for small businesses
- Vail Valley Partnership - regional chamber and economic development partner serving the Eagle River Valley and beyond
- Basalt Chamber of Commerce - chamber of commerce partner for the Roaring Fork Valley, serving the Western part of Eagle County
- Northwest Area Workforce Centers - resources for job seekers and local employers
- Economic Overview - up-to-date data from the Northwest Workforce Area regarding Eagle County workforce and economic indicators
- Colorado State Demography Office - primary source for Colorado population and demographic information
- Workforce Surveys & Reports - courtesy of Vail Valley Partnership
- Tourism Data & Research - courtesy of Vail Valley Partnership